☛ Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax - Deadspin
Several itemized thoughts:
- You mean to tell me a series of press outlets didn’t even bother to call Stanford to see if Lennay Kekua existed, just for the sake of verification? That’s basic Journalism 101 shit.
- Well done to both Tim Burke and Jack Dickey — the latter being a senior in college. What were you doing when you were about to start your last semester? Shit.
- Seeing the notification “Manti Te’O’s Girlfriend Did Not Exist” from ESPN on my iPad is beyond surreal.
- SERIOUSLY, HOW DO YOU NOT FUCKING CALL THE STANFORD REGISTRAR TO VERIFY?
- Te’o is either very, very gullible or very, very closeted — and NFL teams who delve into his background for the combine will find out which one it is.
- This is the only story that could have blown Chip Kelly to the Eagles aside. All it needs is murder and you have a situation tailor-made for Lennie Briscoe, Mike Logan, and Jack McCoy. (Miss u, Law & Order.)
- No one will remember that Alabama won the BCS title unless you’re a Bama fan, because this will now be the subtext for the entire season.
- A rape scandal, a student cameraman dying, and a star linebacker quite possibly putting one over on the national media. This is not a good trend for Notre Dame.
- It is endlessly amusing to see writers for ESPN, SI, and the NYT wonder how the hell they didn’t do any sort of diligence and were made to look like lazy fools.
- John Skipper once said to a college class that Deadspin didn’t break news. I guess having to watch his anchors on SportsCenter cite Deadspin the whole time on this is the perfect crow for him to consume.
- The press conference with ND’s AD at 8 pm EST is now must-watch television.
- But really, you should read the article.